The second photo is on the train to the city. I arrived at lunch time after a very long flight. The plane was set to what felt like thirty degrees, it was more squashed than I remember seats to be and the movie system didn't work. The only movie that didn't jump around for me was Wreck It Ralph - a cartoon that didn't do it for me. iPhone to the rescue again! I watched series of West Wing and tried to sleep. I think I managed a few hours.
On arriving to San Fran, I suddenly had to organise myself. The train station is right upstairs, and I just got on and hoped it would take me to the city. That's when I took the photo. I look pretty wrecked.
The city is so vibrant. I arrived at the main square. There were people everywhere, and I kept smelling pot. I began the walk to the hotel. It was up this great big hill which is no big deal unless you're carrying a bag, are over-heating and have only had a few hours sleep.
My hotel is very quaint and clean. I resisted the urge to curl up and sleep. Instead, I went for a walk around the city. The next post will talk about the city. Just know that I was asleep by 7pm and woke at half 6. And I'm still pretty tired. But I'm off to see this city.


No comments:
Post a Comment