Friday, 28 June 2013

Sleepless in Seattle

To save some money (a good deal of coin, actually) I went standby thanks to a lovely Alaskan friend of mine. This means you're not guaranteed a seat and have to wait until everyone has boarded. It's against my nature a little cause you have to be flexible and, if the flight is fully booked, you're relying on someone missing their flight. You're kinda selfishly wanting someone to be late. 

So it was in this situation I found myself in Seattle. It's ok when you're bumped once, but when it looked like I was going to be bumped over night, I found myself thinking of just buying a proper ticket. 

I was tired and jet lagged. I became one if those people that you step over in the airport. I curled up and went to sleep. Thank goodness I brought the little tri-pillow. 

Time passed and seven hours later I got on the last flight of the evening, arriving into Chicago at midnight. I was very glad to see my hotel room at two am. The problem now is that it's currently two am now and I'm wide awake. It's dinner time at home. So I've munched on a cookie and hope to sleep again soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment