Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Chicago!!

I awoke in my hotel and turned on the news. The TV news showed thousands of people gathering in Chicago's CBD to celebrate winning the National ice hockey tournament. There were people in red, everywhere. I'm not good with crowds but I was hungry so ventured out. The city was packed full of excited fans. It was noisy but the mood was good. Here's a guy trying to make some money from the event. 


I first visited Chicago twenty years ago. I knew my first stop would be in Chicago art museum. 


This place is amazing. The miniature rooms are my favorites. 




It reminds me of the doll houses I used to make as a kid, except these aren't cardboard boxes with old bits of carpet. They're intricately made. 

The art museum was quiet and it was just what I needed. I wandered around in a jet lagged daze. Here's a few of my favorite art works. 




And the famous American artwork:


Check out the cool stained glass window. 


And I found I great cafe and got my first good coffee. Thanks Ily! 


And here's another selfie. Still looking decently wrecked. 


From here, it's off to the park... 

No comments:

Post a Comment